Hi friends! I am sharing a yummy soup that is great for this cold weather! It's a nice mix of protein, carbs and veggies. Bonus: my toddler and baby love it too, and it still yields leftovers after feeding the four of us. If you are looking for a VERY easy recipe, this one is for you. I came up with this recipe on my own based on other soups I have made in the past. If you try it let me know what you think! (also, you can totally add all of these ingredients together in a dutch oven and cook for about an hour on medium to high heat if you are unable to do the crockpot).
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can sweet whole corn
- 1 14 oz. can navy beans
- 3 or 4 cups chicken broth (I use 3 cups)
- 1-2 cups diced carrots
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 half 1 lb. box of pasta of choice (macaroni, penne, pinwheel or orzo)
- Optional: 3 handfuls fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, sweet whole corn, navy beans and chicken broth in the crock pot. Put on low 5-6 hours before eating or on high 2-3 hours before eating
- Chop onion and carrots and sauté in medium saucepan at your convenience. Add to the crockpot at anytime prior to eating
- Cook half box of pasta of choice before eating and add to the crock pot at anytime before 1 hour or so of eating. Cook al dente if you are adding an hour or more prior to eating
- Optional: add 3 handfuls of fresh spinach at anytime before eating (or frozen peas)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Feel free to add additional spices!
I used pinwheels this time! Not because I would have chosen them, but because my husband picked them out!
Add pasta of choice towards the end